Saturday, August 23, 2008

Marriage License Anyone? Anyone?!!

Sooo... we're finally wed! Yay! =)=)=) Life is good. =)

I am sooo grateful for all the beautiful people that helped me pull off this wedding and reception! I never could have done it alone, that's for sure. =) Jess and I started off planning it all together, but it soon became clear that neither one of us are "party-planners"... thankfully there are several angels out there with talents galore that saved us. =)
There's only one thing we forgot... can you guess what it was?

Yep, you guessed it! A little thing we like to call a "marriage license"!!!
Oopsies. =)
We'd already acknowledged that the cancellation wasn't going to come through and that the wedding would take place in the backyard, but then even that couldn't happen!

After putting our thinking caps together we decided Vegas wasn't such a bad place after all! =) (Actually, it was a pretty awful place and definitely deserves the name "Sin City" but...) They let you get married whenever you want, so we took advantage of their generous nature and "got hitched"! Our Firebird still wasn't running, so we didn't know how we would get there, but Suzette & Jeremy decided to have a "second honeymoon" and drive us to Vegas. Rachael lent us her car (better gas mileage and all that) and off we went! =) Our legal marriage date is the 17th of August, 2008, but we drove through the night and Suzette never slept, sooo... the 16th is still our anniversary date, right? Right?? LOL =)=)=)

As crazy as it all was, it was actually an amazingly good experience. Things played out in a way that, at first, I thought was sooo NOT cool but then, after it all, we were able to recognize some hidden lessons and benefits of it all. =) (If you want to know more, you'll have to call me and hope that we have a minute to talk! Good Luck!)
I'm continuously amazed by God's crazy-seeming plans and miracles! He creates such good stuff outta crap! =)=)=)

Well, I wanted to share more details about the reception, for all those who couldn't make it, but I've just hit my exhaustion point.
Sorry folks, this newlywed's got to get herself to bed!
Sleep's important, don't'cha know. =)=)=)=)=)

Love ya,
Angelina (officially) Bunker
=)=)=)

1 comment:

Tara Bergsjo said...

I am so glad that you are finally a Bunker! I hope things work out for you two and I also hope that things calm down for you, at least for a little while!! You definitely deserve it!! It was great to actually be able to talk to you for a few minutes last night, I hope we are able to keep in touch better when things slow down a little bit for us both. It could happen right? :) Tell the kids we miss them and tell your hubby hi! Love ya!!